1. IN PRODUCTION: First, you'll notice the rather fancy design with Brent's name both in English and Chinese. This is the front side of his name card which has been designed with the assistance and talent of a young Taiwanese artist named 陳青琳(Chen Chinlin). She will also be helping in the design of Brent's first soon-to-be published CD.
Chinlin (or Kim) does excellent work and Hagen Music was fortunate to be introduced to her and work via 李虹慧 Lee Honghui, who will be assisting with translation of the album information and, later, some of Brent's song lyrics into Chinese. Hagen Music would like to recognize and promote the talents of such good friends. And so...
2. MAKING CONNECTIONS: Starting soon, Hagen Music will be starting a new series of posts featuring artists, musicians and other talented friends that we would like to help introduce to a wider audience. The first will be a feature on Dallas Bluth (of Los Angeles, CA) and "The Monkey Zone." (Click if the anticipation is too much for you!) Let's just say that without Mr. Bluth, you probably wouldn't be reading this now. Stay tuned...
3. "CARRY ON": As mentioned in our first issue of "Work in Progress," Brent was working on a new song for Amnesty International Taiwan's 2011 "Voice for Freedom" Competition. We're happy to report that the song was completed and mailed on Tuesday. A heartfelt thanks again to all the help from several friends who joined Brent in singing the chorus. READ & LISTEN HERE if you missed it last time or want to hear it again. Share it with friends, too!
4. NOW ON FACEBOOK: And last, but especially important, Hagen Music is officially launching it's facebook page with the very simple and easy to use URL: fb.hagenmusic.net. (Again, thank you, Dallas!) This will be the best place to keep up-to-date on Brent's performances, so check it out and 'LIKE' our new facebook page. We hope you will!
That's all the big news for now from Hagen Music. Thanks to everyone whose joined us so far; it's been a wonderful experience and we're looking forward to seeing you further on down the road.
Here's the current news from Hagen Music:
1. Brent is currently working on a song for Amnesty International Taiwan's songwriting competition. The song is titled "Carry On" and an early version can be seen here on YouTube. The recorded version will be very different from the one on Youtube, featuring an electronic backdrop that ends up sounding like dance club music. Be sure to listen when it's posted in the coming week.
2. Brent is also in discussion with an artist for his first published music; an 6 song EP featuring tunes that have all been posted on YouTube, but again sound very different from the recorded versions.
1 - Tap Out
2 - Is this love?
3 - Taiwan Girls
4 - M-pahiya (Tomorrow Never Knows)
5 - No I never
6 - Morning
Check out 'Tap Out' on Soundcloud if you missed it the first time or hear it again. Look for 'Taiwan Girls' to posted soon.
3. Lastly, check out the Fan Links page to check out all these songs in the barest, most stripped down forms as published in 2008 during my "52 Songs in 52 Weeks" project on YouTube.
That's all for now from Hagen Music. If you like what you hear, share it with your friends!
Photo #1 is a detail from a sculpture the artist of which is unknown to Mr. Scheihagen. Should anyone recognize it, please send us an email - hopefully, the artist won't mind its use. Photo #2 was taken by Kyle Jeffcoat on the beach in Fulong. Photo #3 was taken by Brent Scheihagen on the coast near Xinzhu.
A simple principle - the pitter-patter of speech -
electrifying yet illuminating illuminating yet evaporating evaporating yet finding firm purchase as it sinks into your subconscious mind... This is the power of the spoken word This is the power of the universe revealed as well as its emptiness
You can now follow Hagen Music by email! Visit the site: www.hagenmusic.net and sign up to get updates on music, performances and all kinds of good stuff.
Coming soon (as in the next hour) will be a regular feature called "Waves" which blends and connects various media by a common theme or idea. So look forward to new music, new photos and new words from Hagen Music.